apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: [MAINTAINER] devel/apr-gdbm-db42: apr-util 1.3.7 breaks dbd support
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 00:53:46 GMT
On Tue, 2009-06-09 at 10:58 -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> You are not missing anything, and solutions are welcomed.

I'm not sure that I'm addressing the right problem here. So, limit
yourself to rocks of no more than 2kg when throwing.

Obviously, there is no guarantee that int's are atomic, so this patch
as-is is bogus. However, we have an atomic API in APR, so we can replace
the int's with apr_uint32_t, use that API to increment/decrement the
variables and also initialise it from apr_initialize() function, which
would then make sure it is available.

Complete nonsense?

--
Bojan