apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject apr-2 pool status [Was: Poor performance with new apr_pool]
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 08:03:30 GMT
So, it's been proven that the new apr pool
doesn't perform well except on some obscure platforms
with third-party libraries.

Further more the new pool broke the API since Paul
decided he doesn't need the unmanaged pools ;)

Since there were absolutely nothing wrong with the old
code can we have it back, or at least compile time
selectable (like it isn't complex enough) ?

... and yes, can we get rid of the POOL_DEBUG.
It totally breaks the apr concept of a clean API,
and doubles the pool code without (at least to me)
any good reason.

Regards
--
^(TM)