apr-dev mailing list archives

From venkatnv <venka...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Posix sems still not recommended?
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2009 02:33:59 GMT

We are observing issues with pthread Mutexes on Apache22/Solaris10. Not sure
if this is relevant to this thread, but would appreciate any  inputs.

- We are running Apache22 in Worker mode. Apache22 is compiled with gcc346
on Solaris10
- We are having a custom module (DSO) loaded with Apache.

On stress test, we see that a mutex is not working as intended.
(pthread_mutex_lock)
To be precise, we are seeing core dumps and further investigation revealed
that there are two threads that have acquired a lock using
pthread_mutex_lock, a the same time.

Please note that we do not see this behavior on Apache2. This occurs only
with Apache22. Has anyone come across a similar situation. Any help in
narrowing down the cause would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Venkat.