apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: apr-1-config on mixed 32/64bit build server
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 15:52:22 GMT
On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 05:48:24PM -0500, William Rowe wrote:
> Daniel Pocock wrote:
> > - alternatively, have different versions of apr-X-config, e.g.
> > apr-2-config-x86_64 or apr-2-config-64; the end user would need to make
> > sure that they invoked the right one
>
> -1.  If we want apr-2-trueconfig launched from the apr-2-config symlink,
> that would make sense, where apr-2-trueconfig exists in the build/ dir.
>
> Their solution is very elegant, and wish it were offered for backport.
> Check it out ;-)

Which bit, the tricks to use pkg-config?  I think the premise of that
work (that build env scripts in $bindir should be arch-neutral) is
dubious and I don't think it's appropriate to have upstream projects
maintain the fugly hacks necessary to uphold that premise.

There's a better argument that the contents of $includedir should be
arch-neutral, something that APR fails on also, but a general solution
for that would be hard too.

Regards, Joe