Well thnx guys...

I tried, as proposed by various users and developers in response to my query, using the -I<path of apr-$installedversion-config>. That too did not work. Finally I managed to serve my purpose using gcc command, executing apr-$installedversion-config file (ie apr-1-config installed in /usr/local/apr/bin in my case). I use this file to print the options required for complition using APR library.
Lately I realized that, I have mistaken your advice being a novice.

Here is a snapshot of what I used:
[root@a104cc-user86 bin]# gcc $(./apr-1-config --includes) $(./apr-1-config --libs) $(./apr-1-config --link-ld) $(./apr-1-config --cflags) $(./apr-1-config --cppflags)  /cat.c

You people suggested to add same thing, what i have added to my command (but in a bit different way)...

Nick Kew wrote an excellent book on Apache 2 modules; the old "Writing Apache Modules in Perl and C" is still somewhat relevant as well.

I would like to know if some one can help me with material on programming with APR.

Thnx alot guys...

Sameer Kumar
B.Tech, Computer Engineering
Institute of Technology,