apr-dev mailing list archives

From <Daniel.Poc...@barclayscapital.com>
Subject APR_POLLSET_THREADSAFE crash on Cygwin
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 14:54:23 GMT

Hi,

I've got Cygwin's libapr1 1.3.3-1

I've built Ganglia (3.1.0) from source and it works.

I then modify this line of code in gmond.c, adding the flag
APR_POLLSET_THREADSAFE:

  apr_pollset_create(&listen_channels, total_listen_channels,
global_context, APR_POLLSET_THREADSAFE);

Now, after adding a socket to the pollset, there is a segmentation
fault.  gdb is unable to show me a backtrace.

On Linux and Solaris, with apr 1.2.7, there is no fault, it only happens
under Cygwin which ships with apr 1.3.3.

I'm going to try compiling 1.2.7 under Cygwin, but can anyone make any
suggestions about the fault?

Regards,

Daniel

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected
to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC,
Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays
Group.