apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Platform Support in APR 2.x
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 10:54:47 GMT

On 26 Mar 2009, at 10:03, Paul Querna wrote:

> I believe Platforms that have no one around to support should be
> removed (svn history will always be there, and they can always be
> rebuilt).  In APR especially the operating systems with different
> implementations, I would prefer to just remove them if no one wants to
> keep things up in sync.
>
> Please respond with the Platforms you as a /developer/ are willing to
> support in APR-2.x.

Maybe a better approach would be the carrot, to draw in contributions
from developers on our more challenging platforms.

So where a platform is not well-supported, let APR try to build,
but flash up big warnings about "Not supported on this platform -
use at own risk - patches welcome".  If someone cares enough,
it could recruit new platform maintainers.

--
Nick Kew