apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Poor performance with new apr_pool
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 23:51:32 GMT
2009/3/26 Branko ─îibej <brane@xbc.nu>:
> Maybe it's just me, but all that seems like a monumental waste of time.

If we can't beat the old system by COB tomorrow consistently, then I
think we can simply revert it or we add tcmalloc as a compile-time
option if it's not too complex to use that.  Either way, it's not that
big of a deal - and we've spent more time testing it than it did to
code it.

Many many folks had claimed that libc's had gotten a lot better - if
we've now proven they haven't, then that's very useful information and
we can go back to what we had.  The last time we had really touched
the pool code was back in 2001, so it was reasonable to explore
whether or not things had fundamentally changed.  -- justin

View raw message