apr-dev mailing list archives

From SAMEER KUMAR <sameer.kasi2...@gmail.com>
Subject [Problem] Not able to Link APR to my programs
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 22:02:30 GMT
Well thnx guys...

I tried, as proposed by various users and developers in response to my
> query, using the -I<path of apr-$installedversion-config>. That too did not
> work. Finally I managed to serve my purpose using gcc command, executing
> apr-$installedversion-config file (ie apr-1-config installed in
> /usr/local/apr/bin in my case). I use this file to print the options
> required for complition using APR library.

Lately I realized that, I have mistaken your advice being a novice.

Here is a snapshot of what I used:

> *[root@a104cc-user86 bin]# gcc $(./apr-1-config --includes)
> $(./apr-1-config --libs) $(./apr-1-config --link-ld) $(./apr-1-config
> --cflags) $(./apr-1-config --cppflags)  /cat.c
> *

You people suggested to add same thing, what i have added to my command (but
in a bit different way)...

Nick Kew wrote an excellent book on Apache 2 modules; the old "Writing
> Apache Modules in Perl and C" is still somewhat relevant as well.

I would like to know if some one can help me with material on programming
with APR.

Thnx alot guys...

Regards,
Sameer Kumar