apr-dev mailing list archives

From SAMEER KUMAR <sameer.kasi2...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: [Problem] Not able to Link APR to my programs
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 13:39:49 GMT
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: SAMEER KUMAR <sameer.kasi200x@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 7:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Problem] Not able to Link APR to my programs
To: Wes Garland <wes@page.ca>

Dear Wes,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

> That said, if you are planning on building something that resembles a web
> server, may I suggest writing an Apache module (plug-in) rather than using
> APR to build a web server?  You'll get where you want to go a lot faster.

We are trying to modify an existing SIP server, OpenSIPS. SIP is session
Initiation Protocol [RFC3261]. SIP has request methods and response codes
very much like http. It is a protocol for multimedia session handling. I
will consider your advice for writing an Apache plugin.

Nick Kew wrote an excellent book on Apache 2 modules; the old "Writing
> Apache Modules in Perl and C" is still somewhat relevant as well.

Do you have a e-book of this? Or any idea from where can I get it? It would
be kind of you if you can help.

You are missing the include path, specified with -I; you can get the correct
> syntax for your build by using apr-1-config.

I had found that apr_*something*.mk file in my /usr/local/apr/build-1. I had
already tried adding that as -I but still that seemed to be of no use. I
could not locate apr-1-config file. Can you give me a hint where it might be
located with respect to the installatin directory of APR.

Thanks once again for replying.

With regards,

Sameer Kumar
B.Tech, Computer Engineering