apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Poor performance with new apr_pool
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 13:36:35 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:
> Attached is a program that you can use for this.
>
> please upgrade to trunk, i've eliminated some callocs, and switched
> them to malloc where possible.
>
> compile with:
> gcc -o pspeed13 `apr-1-config   --link-ld     --cppflags    --cflags
>    --includes    --ldflags    --libs `  poolspeed.c

The results are better but still 7.5 times slower the apr 1.4 :(

Apr 1.4 	takes 2 minutes
Trunk r758624	takes 15 minutes to finish

Didn't do memory profiling, but it looks to me that memory usage
is much higher.
With apr 1.4 the test program shows the constant 3.6MB memory usage.
With trunk it cycles from 4.4 to 9.6 MB.

One pragmatic question.
What was wrong with the good old implementation?

Regards
--
^(TM)