apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Combining APR and APR-Util
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 15:46:29 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>>> Just like you have to plop in pcre now on Win32, you have to plop in
>>> expat.  *shrug*  -- justin
>>>

>> Right, but what's with the official binaries.
>> There will be certainly some explicit versions used
>> and ploped in, or is the at Bill's liberty to
>> choose what he thinks is appropriate.
>
> I'm not sure what your concern is.  We've always faced this issue,
> but we previously shipped one that was usually stale and out of date.
>
> Now we expect the user to obtain this on their own and build the
> sub dependencies.  These are already available as packages on most
> of the operating systems anyways, so it was duplicitous for many.

That's fine. Anyhow I'd love to INSTALL updated (Windows section
doesn't mention anything about dependencies)
with the url where to pick the (eventually preferred) version,
and release NOTES with the version used for building official
binary version.
Also, what's the new preferred way of linking to expat and
pcre, static like before, or dynamic.

Regards
--
^(TM)