apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Combining APR and APR-Util
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 15:32:32 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:
> Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>> 2009/3/25 Mladen Turk <mturk@apache.org>:
>>> Fine but the answer doesn't explain how to
>>> build the httpd on windows.
>>
>> Just like you have to plop in pcre now on Win32, you have to plop in
>> expat.  *shrug*  -- justin
>>

> Right, but what's with the official binaries.
> There will be certainly some explicit versions used
> and ploped in, or is the at Bill's liberty to
> choose what he thinks is appropriate.

I'm not sure what your concern is.  We've always faced this issue,
but we previously shipped one that was usually stale and out of date.

Now we expect the user to obtain this on their own and build the
sub dependencies.  These are already available as packages on most
of the operating systems anyways, so it was duplicitous for many.

As far as 'official binaries' - they will simply be whatever happened
to have been released about a week back from creating binaries, so I
just don't see your concern?  Isn't this exactly how we deal with the
zlib and openssl for httpd today?

Once upon a time there were two, now four external libraries to grab.
No big change.