apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] LDAP in APR 2.x?
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 14:05:55 GMT
Graham Leggett wrote:
> A far more pragmatic approach to this problem is this:
> "We want to combine apr and apr-util into apr-2.0, but we don't want to
> go to the effort of moving across apr-ldap, because there are moves
> afoot to have this abstraction redone. Can we move everything else, and
> leave apr-ldap in a legacy branch until someone has the time to get this
> done right for apr-2.0?".

Not quite but close; the right answer is to fork apr-ldap into a sandbox
and let anyone play with it who would like to.

If there is ever a proposal that meets with the project's approval, then
it can ALWAYS be added into 2.1.0 or 3.0 or whatever, provided the API
versioning rules are observed.

> Calling for a vote saying that APR will stop supporting LDAP entirely is
> not a pragmatic approach to this problem.

So it sounds that you will accept copying apr-ldap into a sandbox and
would like to continue to pursue it and come up with something workable.

In the meantime, the /repos/asf/apr/apr-util/trunk/ WILL disappear with
nothing but a SEE_OTHER file.  So we can certainly point to where that
code has disappeared.

View raw message