apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: [VOTE] LDAP in APR 2.x?
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 13:23:07 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> We've actually discussed this on list for several years, and your comments
> for years have been 'yea, that's on me, I aught to fix that'.  Now that
> some folks would like to move forwards towards completing APR 2.0, there
> will be more of these sorts of votes.

A far more pragmatic approach to this problem is this:

"We want to combine apr and apr-util into apr-2.0, but we don't want to
go to the effort of moving across apr-ldap, because there are moves
afoot to have this abstraction redone. Can we move everything else, and
leave apr-ldap in a legacy branch until someone has the time to get this
done right for apr-2.0?".

Calling for a vote saying that APR will stop supporting LDAP entirely is
not a pragmatic approach to this problem.

Regards,
Graham