apr-dev mailing list archives

From Issac Goldstand <mar...@beamartyr.net>
Subject Re: Combining APR and APR-Util
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 12:38:47 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At ApacheCon, we have had a discussion about APR 2.x and APR-Util.
>
> In the short term, we would like to merge the two libraries, into one
> monolithic giant APR 2 library.
>
> In the long term, we would like to split out things that add extra
> dependencies to their own sub-libraries.
>
> What I am starting now is copying all of the APR-Util code into APR.
>
> Once this is done, we will try to update all the build systems to
> build the single Library.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

This might be a good excuse to work on the apreq integration to APR
(which was always complex since we didn't know exactly how to do the
APR/APR-Util split)

I'd meant to be there in Amsterdam (but I couldn't get the travel time
:( ) or I'd voulenteer, but work's got me busy

I'll buy a beer (read: I'll paypal you a few bucks and you buy the beer
for yourself at the conference) if someone wants to pick up the ball in
my stead ;)

  Issac