apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] LDAP in APR 2.x?
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 12:18:59 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:

> I feel like voting for "Fix the LDAP interface..." but I don't see
> anybody caring but httpd, and the widespread use of Linux/OpenLDAP for
> developing the apps in our space has made this an unstrategic problem to
> solve.

I agree, it seems apr_ldap can be entirely in mod_ldap.

The existence of mod_ldap is symptomatic of the fact that the apr-util
implementation is not useful.  If people want ldap accessors, the mod_ldap
code is AL 2.0 and easily integrated/scrapped.

 From the date someone suggested 'let's just not recommend Win LDAP
anymore', I've been of a mind that we are no longer solving problems
in our implementation.

Time to scuttle this, IMHO.

Bill