apr-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@xbc.nu>
Subject Re: exec a process.
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 16:40:57 GMT
Daniel.Pocock@barclayscapital.com wrote:
>>> Is there a portable way to exec a file within the apr?
>>> I noticed that apr_proc_fork is not portable.
>>> I basically want to do the following.
>>>
>>> #setup stdin and stdout.
>>> exec("/my file") in a separate process.
>>> #wait for the process.
>>>
>> apr_procattr_* is available:
>>

> Can this be used to simulate the behaviour of execve in a portable way?

If you try reading the APR docs, then yes.

> This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected
to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC,
Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays
Group.

But I must assume the docs are too confidential for you.

-- Brane