apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Modular APR
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 15:04:16 GMT
On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 04:58:02PM +0200, Graham Leggett wrote:
> If I am understanding you correctly, for a library like dbd that
> contains sub-libraries, you would have libapr-db, which in turn loads
> dynamic modules called (say) libapr-db-pgsql (etc)?

apr_dbd.c would be linked into a library called libapr-db.  Any consumer
of the DBD API will be adjusted to link in this library as well as
libapr, e.g. by using something like "apu-2-config --modules=db".

If you build the DBD backends as DSOs, they are built as DSOs and are
loaded at runtime exactly as currently.  If you link them in, they get
linked into libapr-db and otherwise everything works exactly as
currently.

Regards, Joe