apr-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: svn propchange: r747990 - svn:log
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 21:06:11 GMT
On Sunday 01 March 2009, Bojan Smojver wrote:
> > The change for
> > files is probably not, as it can leave exec'ed programs without
> > stdin/stdout/stderr.
>
> We just need to make sure these fds are marked so that they can be
> inherited, right?

Who needs to make sure, the application or apr? Currenty httpd 2.2.x
does not mark stderr as inheritable. It doesn't sound good if a
change in stable apr requires a change in stable httpd. But I guess
you could argue that apps relying on the current behaviour are buggy.
Or do you want to add special case code into apr for
stdin/stdout/stderr?