apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: svn propchange: r747990 - svn:log
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 00:03:32 GMT
On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 17:57 -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Setting the flag is sufficient.
>
> The fact that a handle shouldn't be closed on exec in an apr-sense makes
> no difference to whether it should be closed on non-apr exec() calls.

Just before I make the change, let me understand this correctly. What
you're saying is that we should not then call apr_file_inherit_set()
here, because it will change that logic even on non-apr exec(), but
rather simply do inside apr_file_open_stdin/stdout/stderr():

thefile->flags |= APR_INHERIT;

Correct?

--
Bojan