apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r746589 - in /apr/apr/trunk: ./ include/ include/arch/unix/ include/arch/win32/ misc/unix/ misc/win32/ threadproc/beos/ threadproc/netware/ threadproc/os2/ threadproc/unix/ threadproc/win32/
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 12:17:29 GMT
On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 13:16, Mladen Turk <mturk@apache.org> wrote:
> Joe Orton wrote:
>> -1
>
> I announced that twice on this list during the last year,
> so you should spoke then thought.

And people miss email. Or they thought it might be implemented
differently. Or WHATEVER.

It doesn't matter. There is no time limit on standing against a
change. It is possible to veto something that was checked in *months*
ago. That change would then have to be backed out before release, or
some solution/compromise reached instead.

I'm also with Joe: stuff like this can be built *on top of* APR,
rather than being part of it. Create a shared memory segment, and pass
a cmdline switch. Or leave a descriptor open with the name of the
segment which the parent/child can write/read. These solutions could
be done as part of apr-util, no?

Cheers,
-g