apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [WIN32] Using WSAPool for Vista+
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 08:22:53 GMT
Bing Swen wrote:

> But there seems no reason not to use WSAPoll to implement apr_pollset_t
> (when _WIN32_WINNT >= 0x0600), at least for such performance gain.

It's not that simple.
Since apr binary needs to work on any NT (trunk on 2K+) version,
we cannot use a simple pollset replacement.
It has to dynamically check for the WSAPoll presence in
ws2_32.dll and then choose the pollset provider.

Since it seems there is no point of having generic
apr_pollset provider API, current select implementation
we are using from poll/unix/select.c and  poll/unix/poll.c
would need to go to new poll/win32/poll.c as implementation
function pointers. Actual API would call either WSAPoll
(if present in ws2_32.dll) or standard select.

Regards
--
^(TM)