apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r745119 - /apr/apr/trunk/configure.in
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2009 16:28:53 GMT
On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 05:15:53PM +0100, Mladen Turk wrote:
> Joe Orton wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 03:27:34PM -0000, Mladen Turk wrote:
> >> Author: mturk
> >> Date: Tue Feb 17 15:27:33 2009
> >> New Revision: 745119

> >> Log:
> >> Add --disable-version option to configure.
> >> This allows to create non versioned apr libs using libtool
> >
> > Why is this useful?   Joe
> >

> Like log says; for creating non versioned .so.

That doesn't tell me why it's useful, that tells me what it does.

> If packing the apr inside .jar for example (don't ask me why cause
> it's work-in-progress) symlinks are unsupported, ending up in
> duplicate file copies.

So you really need a hack to the configure script which introduces a new
way to break ABI compatibility with the standard build, just so you can
avoid copying some symlinks in an obtuse distribution mechanism?  I
don't see it.

Regards, Joe