apr-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: apache segfaults with dbd + php + mysql
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2009 09:38:09 GMT
On Saturday 14 February 2009, Timothy Martin wrote:
> Strangely, in my functioning configuration (with apr and apr-util
> downgraded to 1.2.x) appears to already be at odds with php as far
> as   the libmysqlclient_r.so is concerned.  (ldd output below)

Things can go wrong when both libs are loaded, but it can also work by
accident. Comparing 1.2.x (everything in one lib) with 1.3.x (the
mysql driver in a separate lib), the load order of the
libmysqlclient*.so libs in apache is likely different. This could be
the reason why it works with 1.2.x.

BTW, using both "DBDriver mysql" and php-mysql at the same time works
fine under Debian with apr-util 1.3.2 and Debian has php-mysql
linking to libmysqlclient_r.so.

Also, I would expect that people who compile apache(prefork) with the
embedded apr-util also don't have problems because they get a
non-threaded apr-util that links to libmysqlclient.so.

> I saw that one solution might be to symlink /usr/lib64/
> libmysqlclient.so.15.0.0 -> mysql/libmysqlclient_r.so.15.0.0 and
> recompile php.

Maybe, but it also may create problems with other programs.

View raw message