apr-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: apache segfaults with dbd + php + mysql
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2009 00:44:29 GMT
Hi,

On Saturday 14 February 2009, Timothy Martin wrote:
> I ran in to a problem where I couldn't seem to use apr and apr-util
> 1.3.x because Apache httpd would segfault every time. I found bugs
> filed on gentoo, php, and discussion in some forums, but it wasn't
> clear to me that this info was getting where it needed to be... the
> apr developers, right?
>
> It seemed that everyone who had the problem downgraded to 1.2 and
> left it at that.

this could be due to php-mysql linking to libmysqlclient.so and
apr-util-mysql linking to libmysqlclient_r.so (you can verify that
with ldd). Since both libraries use the same symbols and symbol
versions, all kinds of things can go wrong when both are loaded into
the same process.

You can try compiling php with libmysqlclient_r.so, e.g. by using this
patch

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-php/php5/trunk/debian/patches/force_libmysqlclient_r.patch?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

and recreating configure. There is some discussion about this issue at

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=32196

Cheers,
Stefan