apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r741862 - in /apr/apr/trunk: ./ include/ include/arch/unix/ locks/beos/ locks/netware/ locks/os2/ locks/unix/ locks/win32/ shmem/beos/ shmem/os2/ shmem/unix/ shmem/win32/ threadproc/beos/ threadproc/netware/ threadproc/os2/ threadproc/unix/...
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 14:07:18 GMT
On Sat, Feb 07, 2009 at 09:05:55AM -0000, Mladen Turk wrote:
> Author: mturk
> Date: Sat Feb  7 09:05:54 2009
> New Revision: 741862

> Log:
> Add object perms set macros and implement them for shm and mutex

This is nowhere near sufficient to describe the contents of this
changeset.  Orthogonal changes should be separated into separate commits
so they can be reviewed independently, e.g.:

1) the template macros etc
2) the changes to the shm code
3) the changes to the mutex code
4) the changes to the procattr code

> +/**
> + * Register permission set function
> + * @param attr The procattr we care about.
> + * @param perms_set_fn Permission set callback
> + * @param data Data to pass to permission callback function
> + * @param perms Permissions to set
> + */

This is meaningless to the reader.  Who is "we"?  When is the callback
invoked?  Permissions of what are set?

It's not clear to me why an addition to the already-obfuscated procattr
interface is necessary for this.  Why can't you just register child
cleanups?

Regards, Joe