Personally, I'd just like to see apr_socket_connect() fixed on Windows so that connection timeouts are obeyed.

See http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@apr.apache.org/msg21100.html.

Currently I have to hack my way around this in mod_proxy code, which the httpd guys won't take as a patch since it should be fixed in APR.