apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SCons Updates... 2
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2009 14:23:16 GMT
Understood. But if you're writing new code (for APR 2.x), then why
wouldn't you develop the codebase in Unicode? "Link with old
libraries" might be an answer, though I'd say "it is outside the scope
of APR to interact with that old library".

Frankly, it would be nice if the APR 2.x API was pure Unicode charset,
encoded as UTF-8 across the board.

I'm not disputing that EBCDIC is still in use (as you eminently point
out). Just that I fail to see it has a strict, useful requirement for
APR 2.x.

Cheers,
-g