apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: APR: Portable across Operating Systems, or Libraries?
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2009 12:42:19 GMT
Why? Maintenance cost. Plain and simple.

Is APR truly used on these other platforms? I've gotta believe there
is some data on that somewhere.

Then, there is the age-old answer, "those edge cases can stick to APR
1.x and HTTPD 2.x." Modern operating systems would use APR 2.x and
HTTPD 3.x.

Cheers,
-g