apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: On to APR 2.0.0? Beyond 9x/ME
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2009 19:33:12 GMT
On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 3:57 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr.
<wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> I don't know that we have any active interest in 2.0.0 at this moment,

Since I guess trunk is now 2.0.0, here's what I'd like to see:

1. fold in apr-util and apr-iconv into apr trunk.
2. move to a SCons-build system (if you don't have Python available in
2009, your OS sucks)
3. make pools runtime-configurable whether they are just a thin
malloc()/free() wrapper or do internal reuse

I'm volunteering to do the grunt work for 1.  I think I know someone
who might volunteer for #2 (*nudge*).  And, #3 shouldn't be terribly
hard to accomplish as long as we keep the pool API the same.  If we
want to tweak the pool API, then that's far more involved.

Thoughts?  -- justin