apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: APR: Portable across Operating Systems, or Libraries?
Date Sat, 24 Jan 2009 19:02:05 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Also keep in mind, you end up tied to the MS keystore, and maintaining the
> data or designing the schema to access it will get, uhm, interesting.  There
> is a good chance we would need an APR helper command for some of this.  Not
> quite as easy as throwing a collection of key/cert files into a directory.

This is similar to NSS, which has a "crypto database" that you need to
initialise it with at the start (either by calling apr_crypto's API
directly, or by initialising it externally by running mod_nss or the
Mozilla LDAP library initialisation).

> :)  For those interested in such things, also note that we (indirectly) have
> additional crypto in support of LDAP.

The Microsoft flavour of LDAP support for TLS/SSL in APR expects certs
and keys to be available in the registry, I would imagine apr_crypto
would ultimately need to do something similar.

Regards,
Graham