apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: APR: Portable across Operating Systems, or Libraries?
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2009 15:50:01 GMT
Brad Nicholes wrote:

> FWIW, NetWare is still around and there are still a couple of us supporting HTTPD and
APR on NetWare (although not as closely as in the past).  NetWare patches for APR usually
only happen if something goes wrong with HTTPD since the web server is really the only application
on NetWare that uses APR.

So the fundamental question; is it reasonable for people still using
NetWare to keep on using httpd 2.2 or do we expect many people will
want to upgrade httpd without upgrading the OS as well?

Dropping from apr 2.0 isn't the same as undoing support that exists
today in 0.9 or 1.x.

Bill