apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Brossard <mathias.bross...@opentrust.com>
Subject Re: Porting to APR failed
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2009 16:49:35 GMT
Lucian Adrian Grijincu wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 5:55 PM, Mathias Brossard
> <mathias.brossard@opentrust.com> wrote:
>> Andreas Otto wrote:
>>>    APR does not support Unix Domain Sockets
>>        You *can* use Unix Domain Sockets with APR, it's just not as easy as I think
>> (and apparently you do too) it should be. I'll forward you in private the thread
>> I initiated on the same topic (it's from this list around 2006/04/27).
>
> For archiving reasons and helping others that will search for "how to
> use af_unix unix domain sockets with apr", it would be better to send
> the link to the message (mail-archives.apache.org, or another archiver
> subscribed to APR) as a reply to this thread on the list :)

You're right. I didn't find an obvious way to link to a thread so I'll link to
the most important mail (which also quotes mine) :
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/apr-dev/200604.mbox/<7edfeeef0604271713v14286c34vcd5965a16e1fcde1@mail.gmail.com>

>From what I understood from the mail was that I should create my socket on my
own and then use apr_os_sock_put to shove it into an apr_socket. If memory
serves me right, it worked.

Sincerely,
--
Mathias Brossard