apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r731059 - /apr/apr-util/trunk/build/apu-conf.m4
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2009 20:12:56 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
>> Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>>> I'd rather not bump just for bumping's sake unless there's some
>>> particular feature that we need.  AFAIK, there isn't, so I'd prefer
>>> that we stay as-is.  -- justin
>> 1.x hasn't work on FBSD since inception. I remember it being one of my
>> first diffs and patches committed by justin in ~2002.
>
> Are you saying 1.x is never installed on FBSD, and we know it will be 2.0?
> In that case there's no reason for changing the prereq.  If people will
> unknowingly use 1.x, that's when we want autoconf to catch it, and perhaps
> only for FBSD?
As far as ports are concerned yes, unless you count textproc/linux-expat
for linux compat binaries which is 1.95.8. I might be able to look at updating
that assuming a version exists.

Consultant          - P6M7G8 Inc.                http://p6m7g8.net
Director IT         - RideCharge, Inc.           http://ridecharge.com
Contractor          - PositiveEnergyUSA          http://positiveenergyusa.com