apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: On to APR 2.0.0? Beyond 9x/ME
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2009 18:04:48 GMT
Graham Leggett wrote:

> I am eager for a v1.4 branch so that the apr_crypto interface gets a
> chance for some public release.
>
> Apart from that, it would be useful to make the current trunk available
> as a 1.4 branch, should anyone else want to work on anything while the
> big reorganisation is underway.
>
> That said, I am dead keen to clean up a lot of the LDAP stuff in line
> for 2.0, so +1 for v2.0.

Sold.  It will take more effort (absolutely no direct commits to 1.3.x,
and there will soon be work to take trunk/ -> 1.4.x due to API changes and
other reformatting).

But it seems worth it, and as I mentioned before - if anyone wants to
champion an interim 1.4.0 release I'd support that (provided the crypto
API is now acceptable and has been peer reviewed).  I suspect that even
a month or few of 1.4.0 early adoption would lead to significant changes
and improvements to the API for 2.0.0, which is a good thing.

Bill