apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject On to APR 2.0.0? Beyond 9x/ME
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2009 23:57:34 GMT

I don't know that we have any active interest in 2.0.0 at this moment,
but I'd like to treat trunk as such from this point on, and begin to
break all of the legacy code so we can focus on strictly the modern
code.  In my case, that means untangling all legacy 9x/ME support and
only supporting modern NT based kernels.  NT4 SP6 and 2000 wouldn't
be broken deliberately, although if we run across a real hard case it's
worth reconsidering that decision, too.

So ... if we are OK with starting a cleanup phase on the dawn of this
new year, I'd like to go ahead and start dropping deprecated interfaces,
cleaning up _ex() extentions, etc, and reviewing naming and calling
conventions that defy our standards.

Comments?  Anyone real eager for a 1.4.0 branch, or can we start moving
ahead and continue to touch up 1.3.x as necessary in the meantime?

View raw message