apr-dev mailing list archives

From 贾晓建 <...@cn.fujitsu.com>
Subject How to use bucket more efficient?
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 03:35:13 GMT
Hello everyone!

     In the article Introduction to Buckets and
<http://www.apachetutor.org/dev/brigades>  Brigades, the author mentions

“””Note that we created a new bucket every time we replaced a character.
Couldn't we have prepared four buckets in advance - one for each of the
characters to be replaced - and then re-used them whenever the character
occurred?

The problem here is that each bucket is linked to its neighbours. So if we
re-use the same bucket, we lose the links, so that the brigade now jumps
over any data between the two instances of it. Hence we do need a new bucket
every time. That means this technique becomes inefficient when a high
proportion of input data has to be changed. We will show alternative
techniques for such cases in other articles.

“””

But I did not find the “other articles” the author mentioned! Would anyone
please tell me where to find this article or how to do when we want to
improve the efficiency of using buckets in such situation?

Thanks a lot!

贾晓建

E-mail:jxj@cn.fujitsu.com

TEL: (010)5969 1000(Ext.5733)  (010)5969 1582