Hello,

Sorry if this is already answered elsewhere, couldn't locate it.

  1. Is there already a Perl Compatible Regular Expression (PCRE) wrapper for APR? My understanding is that we simply need to take over the calls to malloc and free with the provided function pointers. malloc seems easy enough to map to a pool. I'm having a conceptual problem with the free portion.
  2. I also rolled my own search and replace routines - but the performance sucks on large input. Any suggestions on how to manipulate strings with the cutting and stitching required? I've used an APR_ARRAY push during processing and cat it all together once done. perl code doing the same s/// takes way less time.
Let me know if I need to provide code examples.
Thanks

Jacques