apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Amar <jal...@amar.com>
Subject PCRE modules in APR?
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2008 19:43:01 GMT
Hello,

Sorry if this is already answered elsewhere, couldn't locate it.

   1. Is there already a Perl Compatible Regular Expression (PCRE)
      wrapper for APR? My understanding is that we simply need to take
      over the calls to malloc and free with the provided function
      pointers. malloc seems easy enough to map to a pool. I'm having a
      conceptual problem with the free portion.
   2. I also rolled my own search and replace routines - but the
      performance sucks on large input. Any suggestions on how to
      manipulate strings with the cutting and stitching required? I've
      used an APR_ARRAY push during processing and cat it all together
      once done. perl code doing the same s/// takes way less time.

Let me know if I need to provide code examples.
Thanks

Jacques