What's your current support-target for Solaris?

/usr/xpg4/bin/sh might be another choice. Both installed virtually everywhere.  I don't know which is better.

FWIW, this patch would affect me directly, every day, I create tens of thousands of threads which turn around and spawn apps; quite often the apps are shell scripts which receive input from pipes.   That particular code has give me grief for years (since apr 0.9.1?), I've never been able to figure out which it mysteriously hangs every-now-and-then with a CPU busy-loop, particularly on busy days, and it often (almost always? always?) happens when I know the parent would have been due to handle a signal 15. Tested Solaris 8 - 10, no real differences.

So - if you suspect that changing the shell might improve my experience..I'll be patching my local 1.2 even before 1.3 comes out. :)

Wes