apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Wes Garland" <...@page.ca>
Subject Re: Solaris shell
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2008 20:40:44 GMT
What's your current support-target for Solaris?

/usr/xpg4/bin/sh might be another choice. Both installed virtually
everywhere.  I don't know which is better.

FWIW, this patch would affect me directly, every day, I create tens of
thousands of threads which turn around and spawn apps; quite often the apps
are shell scripts which receive input from pipes.   That particular code has
give me grief for years (since apr 0.9.1?), I've never been able to figure
out which it mysteriously hangs every-now-and-then with a CPU busy-loop,
particularly on busy days, and it often (almost always? always?) happens
when I know the parent would have been due to handle a signal 15. Tested
Solaris 8 - 10, no real differences.

So - if you suspect that changing the shell might improve my
experience..I'll be patching my local 1.2 even before 1.3 comes out. :)

Wes