apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Solaris shell
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2008 20:56:39 GMT
Wes Garland wrote:
> What's your current support-target for Solaris?
>
> /usr/xpg4/bin/sh might be another choice. Both installed virtually
> everywhere.  I don't know which is better.
> So - if you suspect that changing the shell might improve my
> experience..I'll be patching my local 1.2 even before 1.3 comes out. :)

Hi Wes, yes; I've tried that before, going to try it again here now that
you've reminded me ;-)

Can I suggest you apply that first patch to production, testing both the
/usr/ksh and /usr/xpg4/bin/sh - and let us know which is more effective
in -your- experience?

Nothing beats the real world, at least not until the Singularity :)