apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Solaris shell
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2008 20:14:56 GMT
Attached is a patch, I'd like at least another two pairs of eyeballs before
applying to trunk and 1.3.

The first bit is most significant; /bin/sh on solaris simply sucks, and the
shell and invoked child simply do not handle pipes, signals and termination
correctly.  /bin/ksh is far more robust, and I believe we should switch to
this instead.

Second bit; simply doc clarifications.

Third bit; it seems a bit nasty that an unrecognized arg causes a shell path
search, the preference aught to be as literal as possible.  Since we had
already hit upon our match, this hack wastes a brief cycle for PROGRAM_PATH
invocations, and otherwise simply throws up on an unrecognized invocation.

Thoughts?