apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding first/next block to apr_rmm
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 20:57:43 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>> Well, the code is self explanatory I hope.
>> Any objections for commit that to the trunk?
>
> Howso?  It seems good to add these for better allocators within the rmm
> api itself, but is this the sort of introspection we expect people to do
> from outside of our implementation?

It would be if the apr_rmm structures were not private.
If one wishes to loop trough the allocated rmm blocks
the only way is to maintain an external array of allocated
blocks. However this concept fails if used for what is
mostly meant (attached to the shared memory block) to be used.

Regards
--
^(TM)