apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Apache Portable Runtime artifacts
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2008 12:31:58 GMT
Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> I was thinking that the artifact name could be
>
> apr-<osname>-<processor>
>
> e.g. apr-linux-x86_64.   Or we can have a more general
>
> apr-<osname>-<processor>-<configuration>
>
> where configuration is a token that represents a particular
> configuration of options, e.g. apr-msdos-8086-aztecc.
>
> I don't use the apr-util code.  Can you explain what extra dependencies
> there are?

APR is typically installed at the system level, as a JVM would be, and
being installed at a system level it would have a number of system
dependencies installed along with it, some of which are optional.

In order to better understand the solution to this, can you explain the
problem you are trying to solve?

Am I correct in assuming that you would like to access APR from Java
(like tomcat does)?

If this is correct, it may make more sense to deploy the JNI bindings
for APR into the maven repo, and then have those bindings depend on the
system installed version of APR.

Regards,
Graham