apr-dev mailing list archives

From Max Bowsher <m...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Portable Runtime artifacts
Date Sat, 08 Nov 2008 14:01:25 GMT
Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> I would like to publish the APR artifacts into the Maven repository,
> [1].  I think that the group id should be org.apache.apr and the
> artifact id should be apr.
>
> Does anyone have a problem with these group and artifact ids?  Does
> anyone have a problem with me publishing these artifacts?

What are the specifics of the artifacts you were thinking of publishing?
APR is not a Java project after all.  I do realize that strictly
speaking, Maven is not just for Java, but any publishing of native code
into Maven tends to be fraught with difficulties.

It would probably be best for the precise files being published to be
acked by an APR committer or PMC member before publishing.
Actually, wouldn't published Maven artifacts be considered an ASF
release and therefore needful of PMC voting?

Max.