apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Apache Portable Runtime artifacts
Date Sat, 08 Nov 2008 18:50:16 GMT

On Nov 8, 2008, at 6:01 AM, Max Bowsher wrote:

> Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>> I would like to publish the APR artifacts into the Maven repository,
>> [1].  I think that the group id should be org.apache.apr and the
>> artifact id should be apr.
>>
>> Does anyone have a problem with these group and artifact ids?  Does
>> anyone have a problem with me publishing these artifacts?
>
> What are the specifics of the artifacts you were thinking of
> publishing?
> APR is not a Java project after all.  I do realize that strictly
> speaking, Maven is not just for Java, but any publishing of native
> code
> into Maven tends to be fraught with difficulties.

What difficulties are you speaking of?

You are correct, I want to publish the APR libraries so that they may
be pulled in by  projects built with the Maven native plugin [1].

> It would probably be best for the precise files being published to be
> acked by an APR committer or PMC member before publishing.
> Actually, wouldn't published Maven artifacts be considered an ASF
> release and therefore needful of PMC voting?

Makes sense to me.  How, exactly, should we do this?  Should I file
Jiras w/ the POMs for the artifacts, [2], and then start a vote?

Regards,
Alan

[1] http://mojo.codehaus.org/maven-native/native-maven-plugin/
[2] http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-central-repository-upload.html