apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: undefined symbol dbopen for BerkeleyDB.4.7
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 14:23:53 GMT
On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 09:37:22 -0400
"Violeta Gotcheva" <vgot@lle.rochester.edu> wrote:

>   I have to compile apr-util with support for BerkeleyDB on Solaris 10
> (sparc). Unfortunately, apr-util configure script fails with the
> error "undefined symbol dbopen" . I checked the symbols in libdb and
> dbopen is not defined but there is db_open. What am I missing?

Looks like your apr-util is compiled against one db version,
but is trying to load runtime libraries from another.
dbopen() comes from Berkeley DB 1.x, which is likely to be
installed for the benefit of things like sendmail.

> These are the software versions that I am using:
>   apr-util-1.3.4
>   apr-1.3.3
>   db-4.7.25

Is that what ldd tells you?  If you have BDB 1.x installed,
adjust your library path to load it first.

Nick Kew