apr-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: Apache Portable Runtime artifacts
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2008 09:55:34 GMT
* Graham Leggett wrote:

> André Malo wrote:
> > Doesn't make sense to me, as the ASF doesn't release binaries. Has that
> > been changed?
>
> The ASF routinely releases binaries in Javaland, and even in httpd,
> binaries are released by the ASF for httpd for Windows.

Nope. httpd is only released as source tarball by the ASF. The windows
binaries is not even voted on.

What I'm saying is, it's simply not possible to let the PMC bless a binary
package of APR *as an ASF release*. If someone wants to build them and put
them somewhere he could just do that without even asking. It wouldn't make
any difference.

nd
--
"Solides und umfangreiches Buch"